New York–Here are the top five stories published on NationalJeweler.com for the week of June 19 to 25, according to Google Analytics.
1. Column: The ‘Thinking Error’ Holding Jewelers Back
Jewelry store owners who view themselves first and foremost as jewelers are making a big mistake, Jim Ackerman wrote in this latest column.
2. Meet the Website Consigning Jewelers’ Pieces
Kavador, a fine jewelry e-commerce site, aims to be the place where retailers can discount inventory without hurting their brand as well as get their jewelry in front of a wider audience.
3. Convicted Robber Charged in ’09 Murder of Jeweler
Federal authorities say Stanislav “Steven” Yelizarov shot and killed Wayne Ruder at his Baltimore jewelry store on the day after Christmas.
4. 3 ‘Women Who Rock’ Share Their Keys to Success
Jewelry designers Judith Ripka, Robin Renzi and Monica Rich Kosann on consignment, balancing work and family, and Hillary Clinton.
5. From Capitol Hill, An Update on Sales Tax ‘Fairness’
The issue continues to gain momentum on both sides of the aisle while resistance is waning, those who just visited the Hill say.