New York–These were the most popular stories on NationalJeweler.com for the week of Dec. 11 to 17, according to Google Analytics.
1. Squirrel Spotting: The Sensory Experience in Retail
Columnist Peter Smith shared snapshots of three jewelry stores that he says are standouts when it comes to the retail experience.
2. Two Store Security Alerts for the Holiday Season
Jewelers’ Security Alliance President John J. Kennedy said these are the things jewelers need to be on alert for this holiday season.
3. 5 Big Developments in the Gem World in 2016
Senior Editor Brecken Branstrator rounded up the stories that made the biggest news in the colored gemstone sector this year.
4. What Was Googled Most in 2016
Google released its annual list of the most searched for terms last week, which included Pokémon, Powerball and lots of politics.
5. Marketing Minute: To Build Your Brand, Forget ‘Branding’
Jim Ackerman’s advice column from August on direct response marketing made the rounds again last week.