New York–Signet’s third quarter financial results, a column on the benefit of asking customers open-ended questions and a glitzy holiday promotion were among National Jeweler’s five most-read stories last week.
1. Signet Same-Stores Sales Down 2 Percent in Q3
The company reported a decrease in same-store sales and total sales for the second quarter in a row.
2. Squirrel Spotting: The Necessity of Open-Ended Questions
National Jeweler columnist Peter Smith touted the psychological benefits of engaging customers with a personalized query.
3. Buy a Diamond From This Retailer, Get a Benz For ‘Free’
One jeweler in Toledo, Ohio has created a seriously luxurious gifting package for the holidays.
4. Macy’s Brings Chow Tai Fook to Queens, New York
The massive Chinese jewelry retailer launched its first branded shop-in-shop.
5. Retailer Launches Bridal Line Designed by Phyllis Bergman
Robbins Brothers began offering the “Platinum Relationships” line at three of its locations.